How to Delete Facebook Permanently – Facebook was once a fun place to connect with friends and share content, but many users have grown frustrated with the site’s constant privacy issues, as well as its propensity to attract spam and scammy advertisements. If you’re looking to delete your Facebook account permanently, whether it’s because you want to stop the cycle of negative attention or you just want to take a break from the Internet entirely, here’s how to delete Facebook permanently in one easy step.
Why Delete Facebook?
The company made a lot of changes, and they were changes that violated people’s trust. They do everything they can to collect as much data about you as possible. Some people say that privacy is dead anyway, but I’m not ready to say that we should surrender our private lives to companies like Facebook so they can use it to sell us things. When it comes down to it, you’re the one who gives them permission—knowingly or unknowingly—to take your information and share it with others in ways you might not want. You should be aware of what sharing options are open on your profile before making any big changes.
SEE: Facebook Story Music
Steps to Deactivate Your Account
You don’t have to delete your account forever; you can temporarily deactivate it and reactivate it whenever you want.
1) Click Delete My Account from Facebook’s Help menu.
2) Enter your password.
3) Click Delete My Account.
4) Click Delete My Account again and confirm that you want to deactivate your account.
5) Click OK, Goodbye on the pop-up window and then confirm again by clicking OK. That’s it! You’ve successfully deleted your account! What happens when I delete my account? Your profile will be permanently deleted after 90 days, but that’s only if you haven’t logged into your account during that time frame.
Steps to Delete Your Account Forever
1. Go to your account settings
2. Click delete my account
3. Click delete my account again
4. Send final password reset email
5. Log out of any apps
6. Select what content you want deleted from Facebook and how you want it deleted
7. Confirm deletion
8. Breathe a sigh of relief that you were able to say goodbye for good!