Applications for the Bartlett Promise Sub-Saharan Africa Scholarship 2024 opens from 15 February to 3 April 2024. The University College London is inviting applications from candidates who are nationals and residents of a Bartlett-approved list of Sub-Saharan African countries and who have admission to a Bartlett master’s course.
This year, up to four (4) scholarship awards are available to students enrolled and starting a Bartlett Master’s programmes in September 2024. The award will cover the recipient’s tuition and other fees, living and study costs as well as professional and personal support, for the full duration of their program.
The Bartlett Promise Sub-Saharan Africa Master’s Scholarship recipients will receive:
- An annual allowance of up to £16,008 to cover the cost of living and study expenses for the duration of the program
- Full overseas tuition fee coverage
- Cost of flight to/from the UK
- English language assessment costs
- Cost coverage for health tests and the charges for NHS Immigration Health Supplement.
- Promise scholars are also provided with ongoing academic and career support during their study.
Through the Bartlett Promise, students from underrepresented backgrounds will be able to pursue postgraduate courses at UCL’s Faculty of the Built Environment, The Bartlett. Applicants for The Bartlett Promise Sub-Saharan African Scholarship are required to:
- Be citizens of one of the nations on Bartlett’s authorized list 2 of Sub-Saharan Africa (SSA) and a resident of one of the SSA countries that qualify.
- Not possess dual or British citizenship.
- Possess an offer of admission to a Bartlett Master’s program for study in 2024–2025 that is either unconditional or subject to English language proficiency requirements alone.
- Be deemed financially needy by UCL
In addition to the above requirements, candidates should meet at least one of the following additional criteria:
- He/She must be a forced migrant
- The Candidate Is the first generation in his or her family to attend university at the undergraduate level
- He/she is the first generation in the family to attend university at the postgraduate level
How to Apply
- Candidates must first apply for and secure a place on a Bartlett Master’s course.
- Upon receiving an offer, proceed to apply to the Bartlett Promise for a scholarship.
- The application form for Bartlett Promise opens on the 15th of February 2024 and closes on the 3rd of April 2024 at 23:45 BST.
- Bartlett master’s course applications open on 16 October 2023. Applicants are advised to apply early.
- For more details, visit the UCL website at https://www.ucl.ac.uk/bartlett/study/funding-and-scholarships/bartlett-promise-scholarship/bartlett-promise-sub-saharan-africa
- The Candidate’s educational, personal, and financial circumstances will be considered.
- Assessment of applications will be made to the above eligibility criteria.
- A selection panel will assess all the submitted applications based on information provided on their scholarship application form and the information they provide in their dialogue with the Windsor Fellowship.
April 3, 2024.